One New Man Ministry - CAUSES
The call of One New Man Ministry is primarily to the establishment of the One New Man spoken of by the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:12-16. In addition, this ministry is committed to promoting the spiritual, mental, emotional and physical well-being of all who come through our doors. Our commitment to these two primary directives keep us more than active in our community and abroad, and as such, we don't often seek additional causes to promote.
However, every once in a while something comes along that is so noteworthy; so in need of championing; that we just know that we are called by God to under-gird that movement. The plight of the millions of innocents trapped in the hopelessness of human trafficking is just such a cause. Won't you take a moment to look into this desperate situation, and pray about what the Lord wants YOU to do?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Defender Foundation Volunteer Ops
There is MUCH going on right now with relation to the development of the Seattle Chapter of the Defender Foundation. Many people have asked, "How can I get involved?" Well, here are just a few of the volunteer opportunities that are available right now:
- Help spread awareness of this project by posting and re-posting our announcements on FB, Twitter, and other social media outlets. "Like" us, Tweet us, and share the video whenever and wherever you can
- Help spread awareness by taking one of our brochures into your church, office, school, or community center. Book a time when we can come share with your people about the spreading problem of Human trafficking right here in the Puget Sound area.
- Hold an Awareness meeting in your home - share with your neighbors what is happening. We can provide brochures and even a PowerPoint presentation for you to use.
- Get your Youth Group involved. The Youth of today are some of our most passionate supporters! Challenge them to do a fund-raising event.
- Post informational ads on Craigslist, directing people to the national website.
- Put our brochures out in your place of employment.
If you are a physically fit female, with a background in the armed forces, police, fire, or self-defense, and would like to work directly with the rescued victims, you could be a part of the Contact Teams who go out with the Shield Teams and rescue victims of sex trafficking. Your role is to stay with the victim until they can be placed in a safe shelter after rescue. Interviews and training are happening right now.
We are currently accepting applications and training for phone volunteers - women who can answer the Defender hotline to take tips on potential trafficking activities and to coordinate rescue operations with actual victims who are ready to run.
Prayer is an essential covering over all Defender Foundation activities. If you have a heart for intercession, we want to hear from you!
There are many other opportunities opening up. Stay tuned!
Where Has Love Gone 2013 Benefit Concert and Silent Auction! 9/21/2013
It is with great anticipation and honor that we announce the 2013 Where Has Love Gone? BENEFIT Concert and Silent Auction! This year's event is going to be completely awesome! We are excited to have the former band Steppenwolf, now known as Born to Be Wild, as our headliner! We are also very excited to host our first Silent Auction this year and are thrilled to have the event held at Vessel Winery in Woodinville, WA.
We are anticipating a sell out for this event. Tickets are now available for sale, $45, by calling 425.277.2775. If you would like to support this event by donating something of value for the auction, please contact Chris Baker using this e-mail link, or call our office at the number listed above. Thank you!!